The SFA-RWA chapter has announced the 2015 Heart To Heart Contest for unpublished writers. Entries will be accepted electronically only. “The top three finalists in each category will have their entries read by a literary agent, a traditional publishing house editor and an e-publishing editor. We will announce the winners, and certificates will be awarded to the top winner in each category.”
- Enter— Send that magical scene in which your hero and heroine meet for the first time
- Win— Published authors and experienced critiquers will provide detailed score sheets and feedback in twenty areas
- Sell— Get your story in the hands of acquiring editors and agents
- August 31, 2015 — Deadline for submissions (electronic only)
- October 5, 2015 — First-Round Finalists Notification
- November 6, 2015 — Final Round Winners Announced
- YOUNG ADULT
Open to all writers unpublished by an RWA-approved publisher as of the entry deadline. Prospective entrants may be published with a non RWA-recognized publisher. However, they may not enter books/manuscripts that have been professionally edited or have ISBN numbers.
Enter the scene(s) in which the hero and heroine meet for the first time or for the first time in the book, if previously acquainted, up to a maximum of 15 pages. Each entry may only be entered in one category. However, you may submit as many different entries as you wish. Each new entry must have a contest entry form and payment.
- The fee is $25.00 per entry ($15.00 for SFA-RWA members)
- All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
- Fees should be submitted using PayPal
- Please include your name, book title, and category in the Optional Instructions section on the payment form
For official contest rules, formatting guidelines and/or to enter the contest, CLICK HERE go to the San Francisco Area Romance Writers of America Site.