The Florida Romance Writers, a chapter of Romance Writers of America, has announced the 2015 Golden Palm Contest for published and unpublished writers.
At least one published author is to judge each entry on the first round. Participating editors and agents will judge the final round. All submissions are to remain anonymous to the judges. “For a non-published or published author, this is the perfect opportunity to avoid the slush pile and get your work critiqued by an editor or agent. Previously, finalists sold as a result of the Golden Palm Contest.”
Categories and Final Round Judges
- Editor: Karen Reid, Harlequin
- Editor: Allison Caroll, Harlequin
- Editor: Victoria Curran, Harlequin
- Editor: Rebecca Lucash, Avon Impulse
- Editor: Marla Daniels, Pocket Books
- Editor: Nicole Fischer, Avon Impulse
- Editor: Chelsey Emmelhainz, Avon Impulse
- Editor: Elle Keck, Avon Impulse
Young Adult/New Adult
- Editor: Piya Campana, Harlequin
- Editor: Deirdre Mccluskey, Harlequin
- Editor: Elana Cohen, Pocket Books (New Adult)
- Agent: Amanda Leuck, Spencerhill Associates (Tentative)
- Agent: Laurie McLean, Fuse Literary
- Agent: Nalini Akolekar, Spencerhill Associates
- Agent: Laura Zats, Red Sofa Literary
The purpose of the FRW Golden Palm Contest is to challenge and inspire unpublished authors and published authors of romance, as well as to help prepare for the process of sending proposals to editors, in order to bring their careers to a higher level.
The author must enter new, original work that has not been published by a traditional publisher, self-published, or contracted to be published.