The San Francisco Area Romance Writers of America chapter has announced that it is open to entries for its 2015 Heart To Heart Contest for unpublished writers. Entries are to be made electronically only. The top three finalists in each category will have their entries read by a literary agent, a traditional publishing house editor and an e-publishing editor. SFA-RWA will announce the winners, and certificates will be awarded to the top winner in each category.
- CONTEMPORARY — Novels set in the present
- EROTIC — Novels in which sensuality constitutes a strong element in the romance
- HISTORICAL — Novels featuring romance in time periods other than the present. Most editors consider as historical books set prior to WWI
- PARANORMAL – Novels that mix the elements of paranormal, time travel, futuristic or fantasy
- YOUNG ADULT — Novels with a strong romantic theme geared toward the young adult reader — may contain paranormal, time travel, futuristic, or fantasy elements
“Open to all writers unpublished by an RWA-approved publisher as of the entry deadline. Prospective entrants may be published with a non RWA-recognized publisher. However, they may not enter books/manuscripts that have been professionally edited or have ISBN numbers.”
- August 31, 2015 — Deadline for submissions (electronic only)
- October 5, 2015 — First-Round Finalists Notification
- November 6, 2015 — Final Round Winners Announced
“Enter the scene(s) in which the hero and heroine meet for the first time or for the first time in the book, if previously acquainted, up to a maximum of 15 pages. Each entry may only be entered in one category. However, you may submit as many different entries as you wish. Each new entry must have a contest entry form and payment.”
Go to the Heart to Heart Contest Web Page for important additional information.