Are We There Yet?
Instructor: Susan Palmquist
Dates: September 4-29
From the Instructor
“Are you just about ready to send out that manuscript to an editor or agent? This course will cover a basic checklist for getting your manuscript in tip-top shape. I’ll cover some of the biggest problems found in manuscripts, everything from head-hopping to flat sounding dialogue. How to look at your work with a new set of eyes. The workshop will also touch upon getting a synopsis and cover letter together.”
About Susan Palmquist
Susan Palmquist is a freelance writer, author and also writes under the pen name Vanessa Devereaux. She’s the author of 42 books including mysteries, romances and erotica. She’s also the author of the bestselling e-book, How To Write A Romance Novel…getting it written and getting it published. When she’s not writing she’s teaching workshops and tutoring students. Prior to her writing career, Susan worked in public relations and was a book publicist for three years. Find out more about her and her workshops at www.thiswriterslife.com, www.susanpalmquist.com, and www.vanessadevereaux.com
About Yosemite Romance Writers
“Our chapter encompasses a number of creative writers working in various stages of their writing careers. A variety of subgenres of romance are represented, including paranormal, historical, romantic suspense, young adult, western, and many others.
“Our goals are to support our authors by offering multiple opportunities to hone their craft, such as speakers, workshops, conferences, and writer resources. We strive to advance our authors’ careers by seeking out editors, publishers, agents, and published novelists to guide us in our journey.
“Lastly, we promise to encourage each other, sharing in the joys and disappointments as a fellowship of friends. Please join us.”
- Cost is $20 for YRW members and $35 for non-members.
- The Workshop Instructor is Susan Palmquist
- Workshop Dates: September 4, 2015 through September 29, 2015
- Sign up: http://www.yosemiteromancewriters.com/workshops
- Workshop 1: How to Write & Pitch the Killer Proposal (whistlerwritersfest.ticketleap.com)
- How to Copyright a Book (legalzoom.com)
- I’m Available for Manuscript Consultation and Editing (inthegardenofeva.com)
- How To Benefit From A Writer’s Conference (angelasfreelancewriting.com)
- FOR THE WRITERS: Stop Tinkering with Your Manuscript After You Query (eswesley.com)
- Writing Tip: When is the Best Time for an Author to Release a Second or Third Book? (rajasinsight.com)
- 10 Reasons NOT to Become a Novelist (altongansky.typepad.com)